Saturday, July 07, 2007

Workshop Mode

I'm happy in an Amarillo hotel room. It's not a particularly nice one. Setting seems to move down the priority list on an adventure like this. A week where I'll be encouraged to stay in my head is something I've been looking forward to.

I'm in Antonya Nelson's short fiction workshop. This is the second time I've had to leave Texas to do a workshop with a writer that lives in Houston. I live in Houston. What a fantastic excuse to travel.

I'm online because naturally, during the many hours that I've had to myself in the car, thinking about writing and listening to books on tape, I discovered a few ways to improve the short story I'm bringing. The short story that I printed 13 copies of at my local Copy.com a thousand miles ago. So, I'm looking online for a place to print out the new version of my story once I'm in Taos. The white box full of paper sitting on my passenger seat is now obsolete.

I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible. Huzzay Huzzay!

No comments:

Post a Comment