WC&C Scholarship Competition
• Former or current students of the judge are ineligible. Previous recipients of WC&C scholarships are also not eligible to submit.
• Submissions in fiction and poetry will be considered. Separate submissions in each genre are permitted.
• Writers’ names must not appear on submissions. A separate cover sheet must accompany submissions and include the following: name, address, phone number, email address, title, and genre. Please bind submissions by staple, binder clip, or paper clip. If you wish to be notified that your manuscript was received please include a self-addressed, stamped postcard.
• All manuscripts must be single-sided and typed. Prose must be double-spaced. A maximum of one short story (or novel excerpt) up 25 pages or 10 pages of poetry will be considered. Each new poem must start a new page.
• You may enter in more than one genre, and you may also enter multiple manuscripts in one genre, provided that each manuscript is accompanied by its own entry fee.
• A $10 reading fee, either as a check or money order in U.S. dollars made payable to AWP, must accompany each submission. Submissions are accepted between December 1 and March 30 of each year and should be mailed to: WC&C Scholarship Competition, Association of Writers & Writing Programs, George Mason University, 4400 University Drive, MSN 1E3, Fairfax, VA 22030, WC&C Scholarship Competition.
Winners will be notified by May 15. Two winners will each receive a $500 scholarship to attend a WC&C member program. Funds are paid directly to the selected program. (Member conferences reserve the right to determine participants in their programs; winners select a first choice and two alternates.)
You can find additional information here.