Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Herb Thompson Writes About His Experience at the TSWC

Herb Thompson has been to the Taos Summer Writers' conference twice. In the most recent issue of the Virginia English Journal, Herb wrote about his experience at the Conference, one of the highlights being when he visited the D.H. Lawrence Ranch. "I went to the D.H. Lawrence Ranch and laid under the famous pine tree that Georgia O’Keefe immortalized in her 1929 painting."

He went on to write about being inspired by the landscape and the community of writers at the Conference. In Taos, "...I learned that writing is about capturing moments of insight and vision artistically for ourselves..."

And ended by hoping to return to the Conference soon, "I am on the road, and I will let you know what I find, somehow, someway. And I suspect that whatever I find, people at the Taos Writing Workshops will help me find my way."

Thanks for the lovely essay and kind words Herb. We hope to see you back in Taos very soon!



Herb Thompson, a professor at Emory & Henry College in Virgina, is a widely published poet, essayist, and literary critic. His research interests include the American west, play, literacy, and educational policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment