Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Bio for Taos Resident Award Winner, Linda Michel-Cassidy!


This year's Taos Resident Award Winner Linda Michel-Cassidy has a diverse and accomplished background as a visual artist and writer--here's the bio she sent us:

I live in the tiny town of Arroyo Seco, between Taos and the Ski Valley and am a visual artist, writer and teacher. I have worked as a creative writing mentor for 6th-graders and for SOMOS’ youth mentoring program. For the past four years I have taught in the Taos school district as part of  Artists in the Schools, where I have facilitated mosaic mural projects with something like 320 awesome kindergarteners. 

Before I moved to Taos 7 years ago, I taught Metalsmithing and Art Law and Business in college as well as community art programs.

My essays have appeared in The Horsefly, Howl and SOMOS publications. I am also included in the recently released book, Voices of New Mexico, published by the New Mexico Book Coop in celebration of the State’s centennial. 

I hold both an MFA in Visual Arts and a BFA in Metalsmithing from the California College of the Arts, a Bachelors in Psychology from the University of Delaware and a J.D. from the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law.

No comments:

Post a Comment