Monday, May 07, 2007

Hello!



This is a very exciting blog! I'm glad someone thought to do it.

I'm going to be leading a weeklong novel-writing workshop, all about organization. I am a New Mexico native now living in Scottsdale. I've got four published novels floating around in the world. (THE DIRTY GIRLS SOCIAL CLUB, PLAYING WITH BOYS, MAKE HIM LOOK GOOD, HATERS)

I just turned in a sequel to my first novel, which will be published next spring. (DIRTY GIRLS ON TOP) In the coming months I will be negotiating all of the following: sale of my second young-adult novel (HATERS IN LOVE); sale of HATERS as a TV series to Nickelodeon; sale of my first memoir (THE PRETTY GIRL'S DAUGHTER).

I'm also hard at work on the screenplay adaptation of my first novel (THE DIRTY GIRLS SOCIAL CLUB) for a major motion picture being produced by Debra Martin Chase (SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING PANTS), myself, and Nely Galan.

Please feel free to ask me any questions you like, via this blog post (or my own blog, QUEEN SUCIA) - as long as they're about writing. Okay, writing and food.

Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez

1 comment:

  1. Hello Alisa,

    I don't have any questions for you, but I do have a story...

    I had the pleasure of hearing you speak at a meeting of the SouthWest Writers group in Albuquerque a couple years ago. You were lively and entertaining and informative. You may recall someone asked a question about writer's block. (Wasn't me.) Your answer was that you didn't believe in writer's block, and you compared it to dieter's block. Well, to make a long story not so long, that phrase "dieter's block" stuck in my head until I had to do something with it. I wrote a short tongue-in-cheek essay titled "Dieter's Block" that was published in Chicken Soup for the Dieter's Soul, which came out in January 2007.

    So, thank you, Alisa, for giving me that inspiration. I would not be surprised if you have much the same effect on your class. :-)

    ReplyDelete