Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Spider Man Made Us Cry


Hey Friends,

Hope this post finds you well. I'm really looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones in Taos. Daddy Needs a Drink just came out in paperback and we're having a "Daddy Needs Your Stories" Father's Day Contest at www.robertwilder.com. I also just finished a reader's guide that might get me arrested. My new book Tales From the Teachers' Lounge will be out in the fall as well.

This past superhero weekend, my son London and I went to see Spiderman 3 with another dad and son combo. I won't spoil the film for you but let's just say that London wept at Peter Parker's uncle being shot over and over (enough already?) while my tears sprung from a most unflattering twist scene with Kirsten Dunst in a NYC kitchen, not to mention a narrative as fractured as Madonna falling off a horse. After that, we went to a comic book store for a free comic from a shifty-eyed man with a poorly trimmed beard. On Sunday, London went to a birthday party where Batman appeared with some apparent gender transformation issues. The kids didn't know whether to call the Caped Crusader "Batman," "Batgirl," or "Batwoman," or a combination of all three. Needless to say, London desperately wants him/her at our next soiree.

2 comments:

  1. This message is for Robert -- I tried emailing my essay to the address in your letter and got an error message. Could you confirm address for me? Thanks. Looking forward to your workshop and sharing time with other writers. Brenda
    imustwrite (at) yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comic store in taos ? where ?

    ReplyDelete